Riverside Medical Practice Ballifeary Lane, Ness Walk, Inverness, IV3 5PW Tel: 01463 715999 Medical Administrator - 37.5 hours per week
Job Purpose: To support the Practice in delivering Primary Health Care Team duties and to provide service to patients and visitors to the Practice. Our primary aim is to provide high quality patient care in a professional, confidential and non-judgmental manner. Key Administrative functions Appointments - making appointments for patients and answering questions regarding appointments, prescriptions etc. Call handling – answering and directing calls as necessary. Data entry –entering clinical data into Vision as directed by Doctors. Enquiries – answering all patient enquiries including test results etc. Dealing with doctors requests for information or records. Docman filing & workflow– filing and workflowing letters and results as necessary. Front desk – making appointments for patients and answering questions regarding appointments, prescriptions etc. Prescriptions – preparing prescriptions for doctors signature, according to practice policies, patient requests and patient medication history.
Key Responsibilities: The following competencies are desirable but training will be provided where necessary.
1. To deal with all front desk activities with patients and the public efficiently and professionally; checking in, making appointments or any other enquiry required at this prominent customer service point.
2. To keep up to date with practice procedures and changes with these to enable efficient use of medical and nursing time appointments.
3. To manage calls at an administrative position efficiently; dealing with any patient request or enquiry, actively listening and writing down messages accurately and recording according to training and practice procedures.
4. To use the practice computer systems according to training and to adhere to the practice security policy and carry out data entry according to the instructions of the practice.
5. To undertake procedures for all administrative positions effectively, and to access and compile medical records, file letters, results or any other documentation completely, accurately and according to practice training and procedures.
6. To action requests for prescriptions or certificates and ensure they are documented, checked and prepared for GP signature.
7. To work flexibly with the other members of the team in meeting the needs of the practice patients.
8. To liaise with the Senior Receptionist for support with any difficulties in performing tasks, procedures or communications and for further training where necessary.
9. To participate and develop as a member of the team by taking part in practice audits, setting practice standards and protocols and attending practice meetings and training sessions.
10. To keep a tidy working area and environment as part of your daily routine. This Job
Description is not exhaustive and duties will vary according to the needs of the Practice PLEASE APPLY BY USING OUR APPLICATION FORM LINK BELOW: AND SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 4th February 2019
START DATE: As soon as possible or by mutual consent.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO ARRANGE AN UNOFFICIAL VISIT: Please contact Agnes MacLeay, Senior Receptionist, tel 01463 715999